Fantastic tool to use, the Sandalwood Rat Tail comb is an absolute essential for parting or sectioning the hair. You can flip the comb over and proceed use the other side to comb out the perfectly parted hair, great for intricate African cornrow styles. Perfect for Hair type's 1A-4C
About Sandalwood hair tools:
- Also known as Green Sandalwood, Wood of Life, Lignum-vitae, Ironwood and Vera wood.
- It is one of the densest and finest woods in the world & takes a hundred years before a sandalwood tree reaches maturity.
- It is the only tree in the world with a heart wood that emits fragrance, a distinctive natural fragrance of Sandalwood that will last for decades.
- The Sandalwood aroma smells like a cross between jasmines, violet, rose and even with a hint of musk.
Sandalwood Comb Benefits:
- Prevent bruising or scraping your scalp, much softer & more polished feel than plastic or metal combs.
- Anti-static, less frizz and hair breakage.
- Help stimulate scalp and promote healthy hair by distributing the natural scalp oils evenly throughout hair from roots to tips.
- Prevent hair dryness: reduce split end damage and hair breakage.
- Detangle textured hair easily.
Sandalwood Comb Features:
- Sandalwood hair tools are made of 100% high quality natural green Sandalwood.
- Being a natural product, the actual colour and wood fibre pattern of each comb is different. So, each comb is a unique piece of art in its own right.
- due to the high density of Sandalwood, the polished combs carry an ultra-smooth, refined & seamless finish.
- The hair tools come in a wide variety of choices including – wide teeth, close teeth, very fine teeth.
- Thickened sides and long handles for ergonomic holding.
- Contemporary designs specifically for textured hair.
Useful Tips on Hair Care & Maintaining Your Comb:
- To clean Sandalwood combs, wash lightly in soapy water ( this may darken the wood somewhat)
- Apply a few drops of the jojoba or coconut oil to the teeth before you use, to bring shine and lustre to your hair.
- When placed in a closure without ventilation, a thin film of crystalline may form on the surface of the tool, as the natural fragrance of the sandalwood cannot dissipate. This is a natural phenomenon and special characteristic of genuine sandalwood. Just rub the surface gently with a soft cloth and the sandalwood will return to its natural lustre and smoothness.
- Over time, when exposed to different temperature and light, your hair tools may darken in colour. This is also a natural phenomenon and special characteristic of genuine sandalwood.