In some cases, the pigment cells (melanocytes), which are responsible for our skin coloration, are over-active after injury. This can result in a darkened scar.
Scarguard Scarlight MD is a unique and very effective combination of traditional medical Scarlights and homeopathic ingredients.
Scarguard Scarlight MD is a gel. After applying to the discolored area, it quickly penetrates leaving no residue on the surface to affect clothing.
This product can be used alone and is effective on darkened scars (brownish), age spots, freckles, liver spots, under eye circles, and essentially, any dark brownish discoloration. It can also be used in combination with our Scarguard MD product for scars that are thick and raised and also darkened.
If the discoloration is darkened and brownish, Scarguard Scarlight MD will help.
If the coloration is blue or pink, it is usually due to an overgrowth of small blood vessels. This type of discoloration can only be helped by laser treatment.
If the scar is too light in color, there is no product that we know of that will help.
Use Scarguard Scarlight MD on
Under Eye Circles
Any Darkened, Brownish Discolorations
Net Weight: 30 ml/1 oz.
Hydroquinone 2% Retinoic Acid, Melatonin, Msm, Bht, Na Metabisulfite, Arbutin, Cystamine Licorice Root, Dandelion Root, Hydroxyanisole, Ascorbic Acid, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Kojic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Acetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethyl Alcohol (Sda), Distilled Water.
- Brush a small amount of Scarguard Scarlight MD twice daily. Rub in.
- Limit sun exposure and use a sunscreen, a sun blocking agent, or protective clothing to cover treated skin when using and after using this product in order to prevent darkening from reoccurring
- Discontinue if symptoms persist more than 3 months
- Children 12 years or younger - consult a doctor before use
Using Scarguard MD and Scarlight MD Together. If you have an old scar that is both raised and darkened
- Apply Scarlight MD first as indicated above.
- Once Scarlight MD is absorbed you can then apply Scarguard MD.
- You will need to remove film before reapplying further applications of Scarlight.
- If you have any difficulty removing the film use a piece of Scotch Tape to gently remove.