Our Natural Soy candles are dusted with sugar and smell good enough to eat but they are not edible. Warning! Natural Wax is attractive to animals. Keep away from pets. Never leave a burning candle unattended. Keep out of reach of children. Keep wax free of matches, wick trimmings & flammable materials. Do not move while candle is burning or wax is hot. Failure to follow instructions could result in fire, injury, or smoke damage. For optimal burn: Reduce soot by trimming the wick to 1/4 " and centering the wick each time the candle is lit. Do not burn in drafty areas. Candle should remain lit for a minimum of 3-4 hours each time it is burned. Do not extinguish candle with lid. Important: To prevent damage, discontinue candle when 1/2" of wax remains.