The Many Ethnicities Brand Story
Many Ethnicities is the first product line of Three Daughters of the Doctor. Founded in 2014 by Dr. Ena Hennegan, Three Daughters of the Doctor is a personal care brand created for multi-ethnic people and the unique challenges they face in taking care of multi-textured hair.
After years of fruitlessly searching for solutions to the specific challenges of her daughters’ unique hair textures – and her own – she abandoned mass-market brands and was determined to create her own.
Dr. Ena, a family physician, partnered with world-class cosmetic chemists. She tested her formulations for three years on herself and her daughters’ wide-ranging hair types to perfect them before releasing them to the public in June 2017.
Many Ethnicities seeks to create a new level of simplicity for multicultural hair care. Our products are intended to make the hair care challenges multicultural adults and children face simpler. We are among the fastest-growing multicultural-focused personal care brands in the world because of our commitment to love, science and understanding.
The entire line of Many Ethnicities products are free from harsh salts, sulfates, parabens, gluten, dyes and artificial colors, and, of course, excuses. We make real products from real materials for real people.
Many Ethnicities products are formulated with proprietary blends of Acyl Lactylate surfactants (plant-based, natural, ultra-gentle, color-safe and sulfate-free) and include fine ingredients such as Hydrolyzed Pea Protein (the world's closest plant-based replenisher of natural Keratin), Shea Butter and Vitamin B5. Many Ethnicities products are infused with Argan, Avocado, Jojoba, Moringa, and Sweet Almond oils.
Many Ethnicities is a socially conscious company:
- Our products are distributed by a northwest suburban Chicago non-profit company (Planet Access Company, a division of Search Inc.) whose mission is to create meaningful work opportunities for people with intellectual and physical disabilities..
- In 2017, shortly after launch, Many Ethnicities donated 10 percent of its inventory to Hurricane Harvey relief via the Houston Food Bank.
- We seek innovative ways to help those in need, and give from the heart.
- We will never test our products on animals, and our products are free from cruelty to anyone.
- We will never release a product that we haven't exhaustively trialed or tested in our homes long before they come to market.
- We always put people ahead of profit, and remain fiercely independent, as well as female and minority owned.
- We proudly manufacture in small batches here in the United States.
- We value the relationships we have created with our minority and female-owned vendors, partners and distributors.
More about Many Ethnicities
Packaging labels on bottles don’t leave room for everything.
- Here are a few things you should know about us:
- Three Daughters of the Doctor, LLC, was created in 2014. We manufacture the entire Many Ethnicities line of products in small batches right here in the United States.
- Dr. Ena Hennegan is a practicing, board-certified family physician. She is CEO of Three Daughters of the Doctor, LLC.
- Dr. Ena is a real person with a real mission. Check it out right here: http://threedaughtersofthedoctor.com/our-mission.html
- We are an independent company.
- We are female and minority owned and operated. We are not part of a larger company, and do not conform to the conventions of the mass market.
- Our company is based in Cary, Illinois, in Chicago’s northwest suburbs.
- We simply believe that multi-ethnic people and their unique personal care needs have largely been ignored by the mass-market brands.
- We are committed to always using the best ingredients in our formulations, each of which is designed to help address the unique challenges that multi-ethnic people face.
- Three Daughters of the Doctor is adamantly opposed to animal testing. None of our products will be tested on animals. (All of our products are tested on ourselves before we share them with our family and friends.)
- We are a socially conscious company. We proudly partner with one of the Midwest’s largest non-profit distribution companies, whose workforce is partially composed of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- We believe that charity begins at home, and make charitable contributions to local and national causes.
- At Three Daughters of the Doctor, LLC, we make every possible consideration to create the lowest impact to the environment with our products and packaging. All of our packaging can be recycled after use–and we strongly encourage it!